2 September 2016

Classic Iron Man Character Making Return for Spider-Man: Homecoming


   Jon Favreau might be one of the most successful directors in Hollywood right now, but Marvel fans will also know him as Happy Hogan, bodyguard and chauffeur for Tony Stark. It has been reported that Favreau will reprise his role in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

According to Variety, Favreau will play Happy for the first time in a non-Iron Man film. Robert Downey Jr is also expected to play Stark in the movie, which is currently shooting in Atlanta. Favreau directed the first two Iron Man films, and has remained involved with the Marvel Cinematic Universe as an executive producer on the Avengers movies.
   In April, he spoke about returning to the MCU as more than a producer. 
"We talk a lot about how I could be involved there [as] I exist both in front of and behind the camera, which puts me in a unique position," he told Screenrant. "We're always trying to figure out if there's a way for me to contribute beyond just being an executive producer. I wouldn't be surprised if something pops up soon, but there's no one property that we're identifying that I'd want to helm up and shoulder.
"Because now that the universe has gotten so big, I don't know that I understand how it all fits together anymore. I was there in the early days when the universe was very small. Now the universe is very big there and they seem to have it well in hand."
   As a director, Favreau also scored one of 2016's biggest box office successes with his hugely popular update of The Jungle Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment