Nintendo will be offering 500 people the opportunity to be the first in the world to play The Legend of Zelda for Wii U at its New York store. On June 11, during what is being calling "Super-Fan Signup Day," the first 500 Nintendo fans in line will be given a wristband that can be exchanged for a ticket. This ticket guarantees a spot to play the game during selected time slots from June 14 to June 19
"The six-day free event will begin at noon ET on June 14, when fans will be invited to watch gameplay of The Legend of Zelda live-streamed from Nintendo's booth at this year's E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles to the 15-foot gaming screen inside Nintendo NY," the company explained in a press release.
"This will be the world's first in-depth look at the game. Then at 3 p.m. ET, the first of 500 fans will begin sampling the game for the first time.
"From June 15 to June 19, Nintendo experts will also be giving guided game-play demonstrations on the big screen for everyone to watch and enjoy. Several fans may even get the chance to participate in guided demonstrations. There will also beThe Legend of Zelda trivia for a chance for fans to win fun prizes."
Event details can be found below.
Super-Fan Signup Day
- June 11, 9 a.m. ET
- June 14, noon-3 p.m. ET (Nintendo Treehouse: Live screening from E3)
- June 14, 3-8 p.m. ET (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (guided game-play presentations with Nintendo experts and trivia)
- Nintendo NY, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020
- Excited Nintendo fans waiting in line to receive the chance to play the newest game in The Legend of Zelda series for the first time.
- Fans, including some who may come dressed in different costumes inspired by the Zelda series, playing the new The Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U console.
- The Nintendo NY store decorated to celebrate The Legend of Zelda.
- Group demos hosted by Nintendo representatives showing fans the extensive The Legend of Zelda demo.
- Nintendo has confirmed the Wii U version of The Legend of Zelda will be its only playable title at E3 2016 "in order to provide attendees a complete immersion."
The game is also scheduled to be released on Nintendo's next platform, codenamed the NX, though it has been confirmed that the company will be not discussing this version or the new hardware at E3.
The NX's official release date will be in March 2017.