The second expansion for city-building and management game Cities: Skylines titled "Snowfall," has been announced. The expansion is due for release later this year across PC and Mac, and as you might have guessed, its central theme is wintry weather. "The difficulty heats up when the city cools down," publisher Paradox Interactive said in a news release today.
A weather system for Cities: Skylines (which also adds rain and fog) will be introduced for all players as part of a free update. This patch will also include "other features" that will be announced soon. Snowfall will challenge players to keep their city and its infrastructure running smoothly when the temperature drops and the snow comes down. This includes ensuring your city has the resources to manage heating demands and enough snow plows to keep the roads clear.
The Snowfall expansion includes the following content, as written by Paradox:
- Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new "Winter" map theme with snow and all of its challenges
- The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
- World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
- Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
- New Chirps: #yeahthereare