An absolute mountain of games have been released during the past few months, but there is one gaping hole - XCOM 2. Firaxis originally targeted a December launch for their tactical strategy sequel, but a cruel twist of fate snatched it out of our hands until February 5th, 2016.
This time around Earth has been conquered by the invading alien force. Aliens rule alongside the ADVENT corporation, and players are tasked with utilising a band of guerilla fighters to win our planet back. XCOM 2 expands on its predecessor in almost every conceivable way, with more room for customisation, a greater selection of procedurally generated maps, expanded research and base development, powerful new alien species to fight, and more. Firaxis has said what it's accomplishing here is so ambitious it's not even possible on the current-gen consoles. With that in mind, check out the official XCOM 2 system requirements.
XCOM 2 Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-Core Black Edition 2.6GHz
- RAM: 4 GB System Memory
- GPU RAM: 1GB Video Memory
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770 1024MB
- DX: DirectX 11
- HDD: 45GB Free Hard Drive Space
- Audio: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
XCOM 2 Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2320 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 651K 3.0 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB System Memory
- GPU RAM: 2GB Video Memory
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon HD 7970