Naughty Dog has released new DLC for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End's multiplayer mode. Following the Lost Treasures expansion in July comes a new update today that introduces a map called New Devon.
One of the biggest piece of feedback since launch has been around maps; players want more of them, Naughty Dog's Scott Lowe said in a PlayStation Blog post.
Like all other Uncharted 4 multiplayer DLC maps, New Devon is free. It's inspired by the New Devon chapter of Uncharted 4's campaign, set in the ruins of a lost pirate colony. In terms of size, it's among the largest that Naughty Dog has ever made, featuring long sightlines for snipers as well as a series of corridors for up-close-and-personal combat.
This map comes to Uncharted 4 today as part of the game's 1.12 patch, which makes changes, improvements, and fixes. First, players can acquire relics now by completing and winning matches; previously, they had to complete challenges to do so. Additionally, DLC skins and pre-set outfits have been added to vanity chests, which gives players the ability unlock premium vanity items at a lower relic cost.
Starting on Friday, September, 2 Naughty Dog is launching an Uncharted 4 multiplayer sale, with all DLC relic chests marked down as much as 62 percent until Friday, September 16.
Uncharted 4's 1.12 update also makes changes to the game's ranked team deathmatch playlist and also introduces a new set of rewards for Ranked Season 2. There are new ranks added for Season 2, the highest of which has the best name: Master Bandanas. Additionally, there is more of an emphasis on individual performance, as the amount of bonus points you earn is based on your performance in a match compared to the average of your rank.
You can see all of the changes and tweaks for Uncharted 4's 1.12 update in the patch notes below, which were published on Uncharted's website.
There will be more DLC beyond that as well, including a co-op mode this fall. Take a look at the roadmap image below to get an idea for what's on the way. Additionally, Naughty Dog is working on the franchise's first single-player expansion, but there is no word on what story the expansion will tell or when it will come out.
Uncharted 4 1.12 Patch Notes
New ranked rewards added:
- Gold / Platinum / Diamond / Master Bandanas
Individual performance has a bigger effect:
Top Performer bonus replaced with Performance Grade for all players
- The amount of bonus points is based on your performance in the match compared to the average in your rank
- A strong performance can almost fully offset the points lost from a loss in most ranks
Party members share performance of the party:
- Performance of all players in the party is averaged to determine the bonus Rank Points that the whole party receives
Faster ranking up:
- Requirements to advance to qualifiers were reduced (Previously some ranks required >100 Rank Points, now all require 100 except Apprentice, which is 50)
Easier to pass qualifiers:
- Previously passing required winning best 2 out of 3 matches, now requires 1 out of 3 (Bronze), or 2 out of 5 (Silver).
Easier to get back into qualifiers:
- Failing qualifiers now sets you back to 90% of the previous rank (was 60 – 90%), so winning your next game will loop directly back into qualifiers
- Max rank achieved through initial placement matches is now Gold III (was Silver III)
- Ties no longer award Rank Points to either team
- New Devon
- New 300UP Currency Pack (coming soon with a PlayStation Store update)
- Added Match Completion bonus worth 10 Relics
- Winning a match now awards 20 Relics
- Players can no longer late-join a match where 50% of the match score or time has elapsed (at the time match is found)
- Players can no longer late-join a match where the winning team is leading by more than 30% of the score limit
- Idle player kick timer reduced to 30 seconds
- New option allows the user to launch the game and be taken directly into Multiplayer
- You can now use |d_pad_l||d_pad_r| to select booster levels and weapon/sidekick/mystical mods, for faster loadout editing
- Global leaderboard now shows percentile in the format “Top x% of all players”
- You can now scroll to the top of the leaderboard by pressing |t|
- C4 does knockdown on all levels
- Grenade knockdown radius decreased
- Hold breath underwater time reduced
- Increased damage pass-through in water
- Increased distance that bullets travel in water
- General level exploit fixes
- Fix to players not being able to take cover in certain situations
- Remnants level update to improve performance
- Camera Control options "Acceleration Speed" and "Ramp Power Scale" will now Reset to Defaults properly
- Friend's List performance and update improvements
- Fix to mystical/sidekick mod loadout exploit: switching to a loadout with a different sidekick / mystical mod will now wipe out any previously purchased mysticals / sidekicks
- Fixed multiple idol pick-up issues in Plunder
- Fixed bug with Combat Marking & Mark on Damage allowing Stealth users to become marked occasionally
- Late-Joiners can now properly melee a Brute
- Fixed a bug with throwing Mysticals while on a rope causing the player to re-throw the rope
- Fixed bug with Gifting booster not allowing to gift to certain players
- Fixed mystical throwing issue with alternate control scheme
- Fixed a bug where the host was unable to start custom games when clients were in a submenu
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Wrath of El Dorado from damaging enemies when the owner dies
Cheater reporting website is now up:
- If you see someone cheating, save a video of it and report them at: http://www.naughtydog.com/report