12 April 2016

Here's Why Captain America Star Chris Evans Initially Turned Down the Role


Marvel's films are so well cast that it's hard to imagine any other actors playing them, but Captain America star Chris Evans has revealed that he initially turned the role down. In an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to promote Captain America: Civil War, Evans explained that the daunting multi-film contract he was asked to sign was a "scary" proposition.



"I was scared," he admitted. "At first it was some nine-picture contract, and there are parts of me that have a little bit of social anxiety with this industry and doing movies one at a time, if all the sudden you decide you don't want to do them anymore, you're afforded the opportunity to take a step back and recalibrate. "When you have a giant contract, if all the sudden you're not responding well, too bad, you've got to suit up again, and that was scary "[But] it kept coming back my way. I said no a few times, and it kept coming back, and I talked to a few people in my life, family, and friends, and it just started to kind of make sense that I was saying no out of fear, really, and you can't do anything out of fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment